There are no emergencies at this time.
If you believe you are signed up, but did not receive a text, please contact the ITS Service Desk at email@example.com or call 304-293-4444. The system is activated when there is an immediate threat on campus (Emergency Alert) or when weather conditions require a change in University scheduling (Weather Alert). Users can also add additional cell phones, for example spouse’s or parent’s, to their accounts. The service is provided by e2Campus and managed by the University Police, with technical support from University Relations-Web.
There is a new option to sign up from your phone by texting. You can text 79516 with the letters WVUAlert and automatically register your phone to receive a text alert if you are a faculty or staff member. Students will automatically be enrolled if they have provided a current cell phone number in STAR. If a student did not receive a text, they can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting an Emergency
- In an emergency, call 911 (9-911 from campus phones) for any situation that requires immediate police, fire, or medical response to preserve life or property.
- You can use any of the outdoor blue tower emergency phones to report a campus emergency. Just pick up the receiver and press the button on the front center panel. Campus police may be reached at 293-COPS (2677).
Current students are automatically subscribed to receive WVU emergency messages.
Faculty and staff should go to http://emergency.wvu.edu/signup to sign up for the alert. (NOTE: If off-campus, you will be asked to supply your MASTERID.)
If you need to update your information you can sign into e2Campus.
Watch a tutorial with with directions.
This site is intended to inform the WVU community about emergencies occurring on the Morgantown campus. In the event of an emergency:
- Up-to-date information will be posted on this web page.
- The University also will communicate with employees and students via messages to official WVU e-mail addresses.
- Information will be provided to print, broadcast and web-based media outlets.
- Families receiving Parent Electronic News will be notified.