Updated at: Monday Nov. 12, 2018 at 5:23 PM
This site is intended to inform the WVU community about emergencies occurring on the Morgantown campus. In the event of an emergency:
- Up to date information will be posted on this web page.
- The University also will communicate with employees and students via messages to official WVU e-mail addresses.
- Information will be provided to print, broadcast and web-based media outlets.
- Families receiving Parent Electronic News will be notified.
Reporting an Emergency
In the event of an emergency please follow these steps:
- Call 911 (9-911 from campus phones) for any situation that requires immediate police, fire, or medical response to preserve life or property.
- Use any of the outdoor blue tower emergency phones to report a campus emergency. Just pick up the receiver and press the button on the front center panel. Campus Police may be reached at (304) 293-COPS (2677)
Important Phone Numbers
- 911 (9-911 from campus phones)
- Department of Public Safety/ Campus Police: (304) 293-COPS (2677)
- Environmental Health and Safety: (304) 293-3792
- Health Sciences Safety Office: (304) 293-4115
- Carruth Center for Counseling and Psychological Services: (304) 293-6997
- Faculty-Staff Assistance Program: (304) 293-5590
- Parents Club Hotline: (800) 988-0096
- Student Health Service: (304) 285-7200
In the event of emergencies involving WVU students, students and parents should contact the Office of Campus and Community Life at (304) 293-5611.
If the emergency occurs outside normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:15 am – 4:45 pm), please call the Department of Public Safety at (304) 293-3136 where someone is on call 24 hours a day.