There was a test of the emergency alert system at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 as part of the state-wide tornado drill.
How do I report an emergency?
- In an emergency, call 911 (9-911 from campus phones) for any situation that requires immediate police, fire or medical response to preserve life or property.
- You can use any of the outdoor blue tower emergency phones to report a campus emergency. Just pick up the receiver and press the button on the front center panel. Campus police may be reached at 304-293-COPS (2677).
- You can download the LiveSafe App to report crimes.
How will I know when there is a campus emergency?
This site is intended to inform the WVU community about emergencies occurring on the Morgantown campus. The system is activated when there is an immediate threat on campus (Emergency Alert) or when weather conditions require a change in University scheduling (Weather Alert).
In the event of an emergency:
- Up-to-date information will be posted on this web page.
- Text messages will be sent to WVU Alert subscribers.
- The University also will communicate with employees and students via messages to official WVU email addresses.
- Information will be provided to print, broadcast and web-based media outlets.
How do I subscribe to emergency text messages?
Current students are automatically subscribed to WVU Alert text messages if the student has provided a cell number to the University. If you are a student and did not receive a text alert, please complete the missed alert form. You can update your account information by completing the student update form.
Parents or spouses can be added to a student’s account using the parent sign-up form.
Please note: Depending on your personal cell phone plan, there may be a nominal fee from your carrier to receive text messages, but WVU does not charge for this service.
How do I opt out?
We highly recommend that you do not opt out of emergency alerts, but if you do not wish to receive alerts on your cell phone, you may opt out by completing the emergency alert opt out form.